Since the arrival of my new love Kmix stand mixer, I crazy over homemade bread recently.
She's my good kitchen helper especially on kneading process. Thanks hubby for pampering me so well! muak muak :)
This buns is very popular now among the Chinese bloggers. Highly recommended!
Let my photos do the talking.
Kopitiam Milk Buns
A : Sponge dough (中种）
214g Bread Flour
128g Full Cream Milk
2g (or 1/2 tsp) Instant Yeast
B: Dough (主面团)
92g Bread Flour
12g Pandan paste
3g Instand Yeast
45g Brown sugar
12g Milk Powder
- Pre-heat oven at 170C.
- Mix ingredient A for 3 minutes on 1st speed. (I used hand to knead)
- Ferment at least 4-5 hours or immediately keep in fridge for overnight (at least 12 hours)
- Tear the sponge dough into pieces and add all the ingredients (except butter) in a mixing bowl. Knead on 2nd speed until form a smooth dough.
- Add in butter continue knead until the dough is fully developed (smooth and elastic).
- Rest for 10 minutes. Divide and shape into round balls (40g each).
- Let it proof for 45 min -1 hour or until double size.
- Bake at 2nd rack for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Happy Baking Day!!!