I had a sudden urge to bake this Kuih Bahulu. This is supposed on my last CNY baking list but I failed to make it at last minute. Since Kuih Bahulu is Malaysian's all time favourite kuih, not only for CNY, so it's never too late to share...Hope you like it :)
These Kuih Bahulu are crispy outside with a wonderful soft texture inside and best served freshly baked. They will become hard after cooled down. As suggested by Jessie heat up these little cakes in microwave for few seconds, they will become soft again。
新鲜出炉的小鸡蛋糕，外脆内软，非常美味可口。冷却后，会变硬。放进微波炉5-6 秒，可以让蛋糕重新回软（Jessie 提议）。
This fish mould made a lovely Kuih Bahulu.
(Recipe adapted from Jessie-Cooking Moments & Butter, Flour & Me who use recipe from 《最想吃的街坊美食》)
Makes about : 42
150g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Beat egg and sugar until ribbon stage.
- In a sperate bowl, mix flour and baking powder together. Add in flour in (2) slowly and mix until well-combined.
- Heat up the kuih mould in the oven for a minute or less, remove, oil properly, then use a spoon to fill up the mould with batter slowly up to 70-80% full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden.
- Use a tooth pick to remove the cake and cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.