If you can't resist cheesecake, yet you don't want to get fat, why not trying this recipe?
This cotton soft cheesecake with a simple look but soft and light in texture. Highly recommended!
So good to serve with blueberries jam.
The top crack surface suggest that there's still room for improvement.Cotton Soft Cheesecake( 轻乳酪蛋糕)
(Recipe from 《君之》的手工烘培坊）
Makes : 1 x 6" round loose mold
125g cream cheese
2 large eggs (separate egg yolk and white)
50g whipping cream
33g cake flour
Water bath method
- Wrap loose mold bottom with aluminium foil and grease the side with butter.
- Blend all the cream cheese, whipping cream and yogurt (from fridge) with food processor until smooth and no lump. Transfer to a big bowl.
- Add in egg yolks, mixed well.
- Fold in the sieved flour, combined well with a spatula.
- Keep the cheese mixture in the fridge.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and add in sugar in 3 batches. Beat until soft peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of eggs white into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Using water bath method.
- Bake at preheated oven at 160C (lower rack) for 1 hour 70 mins.
- Remove cake from oven and allowed to cool completely.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.