咖喱鸡 ~ 就是其中一道大家都熟悉的辛辣料理。
Most of Malaysians love hot and spicy foods. One of the popular spicy delicacy is Chicken Curry. There are many varieties of chicken curry such as Indian, Nyonya, Malay and Chinese available in Malaysia. People of difference races will have different demand and method on curry. I don't like too many spices in my curry. Therefore, I choose this Chinese style recipe from Sonia. I made the right choice, this is my favourite kind of curry, taste like my mum's version. Simply delicious!!!Thanks Sonia.
Getting back to basic, I using these old fashioned bowl and plate for this old fashioned dish.
This is a thicker (dry) version chicken curry.
If you like more gravy, please add more water and coconut milk.
I only cooked for a small portion- 2 chicken wings and 2 drumstick.
Chicken Curry (咖喱鸡)
(Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover)
1kg chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
2-3tbsp chilli paste
2 potatoes, cut into halves, slightly fry in hot oil
4 sprig curry leaves
2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
300ml coconut milk
1tbsp curry powder
1tsp turmeric powder
2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp sugar or to taste
4tbsp cooking oil
Pound these ingredients
1 Big onion
4 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemongrass
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté the pound ingredients and chilli paste until fragrant.
2. Add in chicken pieces, lemongrass, curry leaves, stir fry for 1min.
3. Add in curry powder and turmeric powder, mix well.
4. Pour in water and bring to boil (2-3mins).
5. Mix in coconut milk and fried potatoes, and simmer till the chicken is cooked (about 15mins).
6. Add in salt and sugar, combine well.
7. Dish out, serve with steamed rice.
I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up "Curry Powder" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well Flanders and organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My little favourite DIY.
It's curry Time!