Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pandan Cocoa Ogura Cake (班兰可可相思蛋糕)

这是第二次做相思蛋糕,一时大意,竟然忘了过筛面粉。所以,蛋糕看起来没有细密的组织,幸好口感还是柔绵,细腻的。这个双色班 兰可可相思,味道和颜色都很搭配,值得一试!我是参考厨苑家的食谱,想看名副其实的双色班 兰可可相思,那就到她家走 一趟吧!
This is my second attempt to bake ogura/xiang si cake. I forgot to sift the cake flour and resulted the cake not look very fine in texture. Luckily it still tastes cottony soft and moist. The combination of pandan and cocoa are very match in term of taste and colour. It's worth to try! You may refer to May's blog for the very attractive and lovely Pandan Cocoa Ogura Cake.
It looks good for the first 30 minutes.
前三十分钟,还平安无事。
 After a while, it started to crack, I quickly cover it with the aluminium foil to 
stop it from cracking.
不久之后中间开始出现少许裂痕, 如May所说的这时要马上盖上锡纸,以防更大的爆裂。
Pandan Cocoa Ogura Cake (班兰可可相思蛋糕)
(Recipe adapted from : 厨苑食谱 这里这里 with my modification in purple)
Use :  7" square loose base cake tin

Ingredients :
A
100g egg yolks (5 Grade B eggs)
1 whole egg
50g corn or vegetable oil
50g fresh milk

B
70g cake flour (sifted)

C
200g egg whites (5 Grade B eggs)
70g sugar

D

2 tbsp cocoa powder + 2 tbsp hot water
40g concentrated pandan juice (I used 2 tbsp pandan juice)

Method :

  1.  Combine ingredients A use electric mixer whisk until bubble. (I used hand whisk)
  2. Add in ingredients B and mix well.
  3. In another bowl, beat egg whites with sugar in 3 batches until stiff form.
  4. Fold in the egg white mixture in egg yolk mixture, use cut and fold method combine the mixture.
  5. Divide No. (4) into two portions, add in ingredient D for pandan and cocoa separately into the mixture, mix well. 
  6. Pour the pandan mixture into mould and follow by the cocoa mixture.
  7. Steam bake at pre-heated oven 170C for 65 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven, invert and leave to cool completely before removing cake from the tin.

Tea time!午茶时间!

37 comments:

  1. 下午茶时间过了,我先keep一片当早餐。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 好,那就送你一片当儿的早歺吧^_^

      Delete
  2. this is look delicious, I love it:) Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. 谢谢,Jozelyn. 我非常乐意和你一起分享这蛋糕 :)

      Delete
  4. 美美的双色相思口味蛋糕,请我吃一片,
    这样我才会对你相思久久。。。嘻嘻!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈!来吧!我们一起吃,这样才不会单相思! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I know you're also very good in making ogura cake, cheers!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful cake, Esther. Pandan is so delicious in cakes. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandan is really a good ingredient for cooking and baking, love it so much!

      Delete
  7. 我是否有错过你家的下午茶?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 没关系,随时都欢迎你来吃蛋糕!

      Delete
  8. Esther午餐变晚餐了,而我正在吃着晚餐。。看到你家有相思蛋糕吃,就快快过来一边吃饭,一边吃你的相思了!
    颜色做的很美,谢谢你的介绍哦!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 谢谢你的分享,让我可以品尝到这双色相思的美味!不过,还要好好跟你学习漂亮的花纹!

      Delete
  9. How I wish to be able to bake nice cakes like this. My attempts at baking can sometimes be unpredictably "hit or miss" affairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doris, ogura cakes is also a hit or miss affairs to me :) I still can't bake it perfectly. Anyway, thank you and appreciate you loved it.

      Delete
  10. 太美丽了。好成功也~ 厉害!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 不好意思,献丑了!谢谢娘子喜欢 :)

      Delete
  11. 美美的蛋糕,我也要一块 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass, 看你这么用功读书,我奖励你两块!呵呵!

      Delete
  12. 蛋糕很漂亮哦。颜色也很搭。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢你的赞美,好开心哦!

      Delete
  13. 真美!看到我肚子饿了,先请我吃两片吧。

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks lovely and bet it must be delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, i love cotton soft cake like this and great for tea time:)

      Delete
  15. though you said the texture isnt as fine as you want, it still looks very good to me. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pandan cocoa ogura cake is beautiful. I wish I can fin pandan juice in the States to make this. Guess I need to substitute with something else if I want to give this a try. I love cakes that are light, soft and not too sweet. This is perfect for afternoon tea. :) Wish you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. 多麼美味的組合!
    此刻很想取一两件來伴我剛泡好的熱茶!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Esther, I just posted an ogura cake too! This cake is so addictive! I want to try this combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Esther! Love this colour combination - green and brown! I'm wearing this combination now! Haha!

    Ok on serious note, your cake looks great! I would like to have a slice or 2 for my tea break.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cake, Esther! Ogura cake is certainly in the trend again! I should really give it a try!

    ReplyDelete