Monday, May 20, 2013

Glutinous Rice with Mushrooms & Pork (香菇猪肉油饭 / 糯米饭)

Glutinous or Oil Rice (You Fan) is a Chinese traditional dish. According to our Chinese Hokkien, it was usually served during full moon of a new born. Those days, my mum used to cook this oil rice for our relatives and friends whenever they made such request and it was the only time I can enjoy my mum left over oil rice too. Since now I have learnt to cook this traditional dish, I am glad that I can eat them anytime I like.

油饭是华人传统美食。按照福建人传统习俗,婴孩满月时,家里就会准备油饭 ,派送亲朋戚友, 分享新生命来临的喜悦。小时候最爱吃妈妈煮的油饭。不过,当时要吃油饭只能左等右盼,因为妈妈不常煮油饭,只是偶尔亲朋戚友有需要时,才帮忙准备这好吃的传统饭食。
如今我学会煮了,想什么时候吃是就什么时候煮, 真是太幸福了~
 Added scramble eggs which is inspired by one of  a dim sum restaurant. 
Glutinous Rice with Mushrooms & Pork (香菇猪肉油饭 / 糯米饭
(Recipe inspired by Carol's cookbook自在生活 with some changes)

Ingredients :
2 cups glutinous rice (washed and drain)
40g dried shitake mushroom (soak and cut into strips) 
100g pork (cut into small strips) 
6 shallots (sliced)
20g dried shrimps (washed and drain)
4 slices ginger

Seasonings

3 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
45ml cooking 
rice wine
320ml water

Garnish

Chopped spring onions

Method

1.  Heat sesame oil in pan and stir fry shallots until slightly brown. Remove 1/3 and 
     drain dry for garnish.
2.  Add in shrimp, pork continue to stir fry until fragrant.
3.  Add in mushrooms stir fry for 1 minute.
4.  Add in rice and all the seasonings, bring to a boil.
5.  Transfer the rice into a steaming tray and steam for 25-30 minutes or until 
     rice is cooked.
6.  Garnish with shallots and spring onions.

I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event
May 2013 - Mushroomhosted by Joyce, kitchen flavours
Happy Cooking!!!

42 comments:

  1. WOW! Look very delicious, must try this cook this for my family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I'm happy to share this recipe because it's really yummy :) Thanks for love it :)

      Delete
  2. 好久没有吃糯米饭了,看了这个就觉得很想吃,放猪肉的我还没吃过,每次都是放腊肠或鸡肉的,下次得试试你这一道福建香菇猪肉油饭。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jozelyn, 我超爱油饭,对我来说,不管是加了腊肠,鸡肉或猪肉,我通通都喜欢:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Esther, hehe I posted something similar to you today too. I made lo mai gai ;) Yours look yummy, the way I like it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yen,I already "curi makan" your lo mai gai,hahaha....

      Delete
  4. Craving for this.look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我超爱吃油饭的,Esther也是福建人吗?
    猪肉的我也不曾尝试过,谢谢分享咯~呵呵:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 晓,没错我是Hokkien lang,你也是Ka Ki lang 吗?
      不过,我现在是半个海南婆,因为嫁了给海南佬,哈哈!谢谢你喜欢这油饭 :)

      Delete
  6. 还好你学会了,那么我就可以时常上来你家“ta食”了!哈哈。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 非常欢你来"ta食",最怕你不来,哈哈!!!我已经留一碗给你了,呵呵。。。

      Delete
  7. Really, I wont say no to glutinous rice be it sweet or savoury. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Mel. Can't resist sticky rice :)

      Delete
  8. 这个油饭我也是超级爱吃的。。。。
    不行不行。。我要快快去买糯米咯。。。。
    你先请我吃大大一碗才行!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Esther, your dish looks like lo mai gai :D I like it very much, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jeannie. The presentation looks like lo mai gai :)

      Delete
  10. Esther, 我剛到過Yen的家,她也上了lo mai kai,妳們兩個煮得都有板有眼,我也要吃!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, 你那么苗条,多吃几碗没问题!!!给你大碗的,哈哈!

      Delete
  11. My mom used to cook this too! We loved it! Looks so delicious!
    Thank you for linking to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Esther! The rice looks sticky and yummy! Although it's not so friendly with the digestive system, I simply love glutinos rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alvin, luckily my digestive system still okay with a small portion of glutinous rice. Otherwise, I will feel very sad without this yummy glutinous rice :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for remind me, I still have 1kg of glutinous rice that I bought from Kelantan trip, still not yet cook,,must quick quick cook this my favourite rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...quick quick cook, I am hungry hungry for your rice liao!!!! :)

      Delete
  14. reminds me i havent had this or lo mai gai for sooooo long! time to indulge in some very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther, Thank you for loving this Taiwanese style lo mai gai :)

      Delete
  15. Esther, that looks very delicious! I want some with lots of chilli sauce hah! hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I know like spicy, extra chilli sauces specially for you!!!! :)

      Delete
  16. oh no
    看这卖相
    不给100分
    怎么说得过去啊??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 鲸鱼老师,你太赏脸了,给我那么高分,呵呵。。。我请你吃双份吧!:)

      Delete
  17. 鲸鱼,感觉上我老是跟在你狗屁,
    我也觉得这卖相超。。。。。。。。赞的!!!!
    为了不再跟狗屁,
    我给101分, yer.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Young,paiseh叻!不敢当,我也请你吃双份+1吧!

      Delete
  18. 好漂亮的糯米饭,看了好想吃哦。 你的照片拍的好美呢。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xing Hui. 谢谢你的喜欢 :)

      Delete
  19. 好吃,好吃,我要吃,我还要辣椒多多~~~哈哈哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  20. 糯米饭有点多功呢!想试。。
    今天看着你的,隐形吃一口就好了。嘻!
    你的糯米饭做的好漂亮

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love glutinous rice! I love it with lots of mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this!!
    Love the combination of everything you put together there!
    Glutinous rice is my downfall ;p

    ReplyDelete
  23. Esther, this looks really sedap! Love glutinous but long time never eat it this way. This really looks like loh mai gai...

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOve it & this is my favorite! Yours looks so inviting, now I wanted to try to make some too! Thanks for sharing this recipe! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete