Friday, May 24, 2013

Chocolate Chiffon Cake (巧克力戚风蛋糕)& Sipadan-Kapalai-Mabul Island Trip

If you love chocolate cake, you must try this recipe!!! Like a blogger Annatay said, "If you don't try, you will definitely rugi (regret)". I here to prove that this statement is true,  I untung (gain) to have this soft, moist, chocolatey and best ever chiffon cake !!!! Thanks Annatay for your kind recommendation.
这个‘不试会rugi走宝’巧克力戚风蛋糕,我终于试了,也见证了这句金言 ,并且要大声的说: 我untung赚到料!’ 因为这蛋糕组织柔软,湿润,加上超浓厚巧克力口味,和一般的戚风有很大的差别哦!谢谢小雨伞的诚意推荐!
Chocolate Chiffon Cake (巧克力戚风蛋糕)
(Receipe source adapted from here chinese version)

Makes : 1 x 20cm chiffon pan


Ingredients A :

  • 50g warm water
  • 30g cocoa powder (I used 25g Van Houten cocoa powder)
Ingredients B :
  • 100g low protein flour
  • 30g castor sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp soda powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients C :
  • 4 eggs yolk
  • 50g vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 50g milk
Ingredients D :
  • 4 eggs white
  • 1/4 tsp tartar powder
  • 60g castor sugar

Method :
  1. Preheat oven at 165c.
  2. All the ingredients A, mix well. set aside.
  3. Combine ingredients B and sifted
  4. In a bowl, hand whisk all the ingredients C to combine.
  5. Add in method 1 and 2, continue to whisk until become thick batter.
  6. In another bowl, use mixer to beat the eggs white and add in (tartar + sugar) at 3-4 batches. Beat until stiff peak form.
  7. Fold in 1/3 of eggs white into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
  8. Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles.
  9. Bake for 45 minutes.
You're all mine :)

**************************************************************************
Sipadan-Kapalai-Mabul Island Trip
Here I would like to share my recent trip to Sipadan Island photos. 
We stayed at  Sipadan Water Village Resort, Mabul Island.
与大家分享最近我在Sipadan岛旅游的一些照片。
我们的住宿西巴丹水乡度假村
  

 Opposite of the resort are home of  Bajau fishermen.
住宿背朝Bajau鱼村


                             Conclusion :  - I feel peace of mind and relaxing during the trip.
                                                 - Very excited snorkerling at Kapalai and Mabul Island.
                             总结 :- 享受那份清静悠闲。有一种返朴归真,回归大自然的感觉。
                                          - 喜爱那振奋人心浮潜活动。

23 comments:

  1. The chiffon so light and beautiful.
    Love those island clicks...so peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't want to rugi, please share a few slice with me, hehe! Long time ago, I heard about this Sipadan island either from a newspaper or HK magazine. I think it was said that it was one of the best diving spots in the world. The photos look serene & pretty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, look so cottony soft. Ok, I am so untung to get this recipe from you. Shall try it soon. Lovely hols photos sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 这么好吃的巧克力戚风,我也要吃,带走两片,ok?哈哈。。。。
    Sipadan岛真的好美!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther, 我好害羞喔!(我边看边傻笑着)
    说蛋糕好吃就好了。。还把那句“名言”够够力一句不漏写出来。。哈哈哈!
    谢谢你。。我。。喜欢你了!哇哈哈哈 :P

    这个度假屋有看过朋友分享过。。
    这地方好美,风景好美~~ 跟最后一张照片内的女孩子一样美 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 这个度假屋我时候有打算要去,可惜因一些事情就去不成。很美~~~~照片内的女孩子。

    ReplyDelete
  7. 有机会我也要去sipadan
    看起来很漂亮悠闲呢:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sipadan是一个非常漂亮的地方,有机会一定要去~

    ReplyDelete
  9. 很美的海景,这个度假一定很享受了,
    有机会也想去,照片拍的好看极了。。

    ReplyDelete
  10. 好美的景点!
    刚刚从安哥宋口中知道这sipandan Island 原来是在Sabah.
    有够孤陋寡闻的,。。。。。。pai seh,
    谢谢你的分享!长知识了:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, very nice looking chocolate chiffon. Always make pandan or honeydew chiffon, but never chocolate! Must try soon. Sipadan is beautiful, looks like the Maldives. You look like you really had a wonderful stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chocolates and this cake looks so nice!. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 我被照片的女生电到了,可以把脸转过来一下吗?嘻嘻!

    这个地方太美了,就不知那个气候有没有让脸蛋晒黑呢?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also don't want to rugi, give me a slice first then I bake later, hehehe..Looking at your beautiful pictures of Sabah, I hope I can plan a trip there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos from Sipadan. Definitely looks like a relaxing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your chiffon cake look so soft, moist and yummy! Been awhile since I last baked any chiffon cake!
    I have never been to Sipadan, lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bookmark this for so long but I never ever bake a chiffon before. Guess i should do it asap or else i also rugi...i like to use Van Houten chocolate powder as well, like the fragrant chocolate taste!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Esther! Although I make iced cakes for the blogs, I love good old chiffon cakes. This looks so scrumptious. That resort seems like paradise. What I'd give to be there right now rather than here where it is cold and dark and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!
    You have a nice blog with awesome clicks. I have just started following you and it may be highly encouraging if you may follow me back.
    http://cookingwithsapana.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Sapana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you are back from holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Esther,

    I love the very cool photo of yours! You looks very serene with the sunset backdrop.

    Since I started blogging, I have not been baking chiffon cakes lately. Will bookmark this recipe and hope to bake this cake too.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! very lovely place to visit! Yeah, like that last pic of you too, like Zoe said, very serene and calm:) Wish I could go too! Your bao looks very inviting too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Esther, thanks for sharing recipe. Like your sipadan pictures too, especially the last pic. Wish I were there, so peaceful and calm.

    ReplyDelete