Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pandan Sweet Corn Cheesecake (班兰玉米芝士蛋糕) & Little Thumbs Up Event

Our Little Thumbs Up "CORN" theme event for April 2013 is officially open for joining !!

This month, I am honor to share with everyone my corn dish. It may be simple but it is always my intention  to bake something that could bring back those fond memory of our family taste cooking. I hope you all will like it.....

Here, I am happy to present the pandan sweet corn cheesecake. A cheesecake that I used to bake it for my family and one of my favourite too. I can still remember every time when I bake this cheesecake, my family members will became very "helpful" and very "nice". I love the combination of cheese and corn which could probably seem odd to many. The feeling of pandan cheese melt in the mouth leaving the corn bit for chewing is simply too irresistible. Plus the crunchy texture of cream cracker at the bottom, it is beyond words.....
Little thumbs up for for this great recipe.

“小姆子说好” 活动,四月份主题 “玉米”开锣咯!再次邀请大家带着愉悦的心情踊跃参与吧
在这个月里很开心可以跟大家分享我们家日常的一些玉米小食谱。它们没有特别昂贵的材料或太华丽的妆饰,纯粹是我们家爱吃的温馨小料理吧了!希望你们会喜欢。

今天这道班兰玉米芝士蛋糕,口感非常特别。喜欢那玉米在嘴里瞬间爆开的口感,随后香浓幼滑的班兰和芝士慢慢在口中融化的感觉,真是人欲罷不能的一再品嚐。Little thumbs up 給这个好吃的食谱。
        Corn Profile
  • Fresh kernel or corn have been much lower in calories than other cereals like wheat, rice, etc.   
  • Corn features high-quality phyto-nutrition profile comprising of dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants in addition to moderate proportions of minerals.   
  • Corn is a good source of phenolic flavonoid antioxidant, ferulic acid. Ferulic acid plays vital role in preventing cancers, aging, and inflammation in humans.  
  • It also contains good levels of some of the valuable B-complex group of vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folates, riboflavin, and pyridoxine. Many of these vitamins function as co-factors to enzymes during substrate metabolism. 
  • Further, it contains healthy amounts of some important minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, iron, and manganese. (extracted from here).
玉米小档案
  • 玉米属于优质全榖类澱粉,热量只有同分量白米的一半。
  • 且含有天然膳食纤维,叶黄素及多种维生素。
  • 营养价值高但热能相对低,在控制热量的同时也到达营养衡。
  • 对于健康管理及预防代谢症侯是很好的选择。 (取之My Lohas)
*********************************************************************************
Pandan Sweet Corn Cheesecake (班兰玉米芝士蛋糕)
(Recipe adapted from Chef Alan Kok)

Base
100g soda cream crackers, crushed
70g melted butter

Cream cheese mixture
A:
250g cream cheese
50ml thick pandan juice
50ml fresh milk
50g butter
40g caster sugar
150g canned sweet corn kernel

B:
100g whipped non dairy whipping cream
1 tbsp gelatin powder,  mixed with 3 tbsp water and double-boiled until dissolved

Method:
1. Base: Mix soda cracker crumbs and melted butter and press into a 7" round loose base cake   
    tin. Chill in fridge until firm.
2. Cream cheese mixture: put cream cheese, pandan juice, fresh milk, butter and caster 
     sugar into a  saucepan. Stir and cook at low heat until sugar has dissolved and the mixture 
     is smooth.  Add in sweet corn kernels and mix well. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3. Beat the whipping cream until soft peak form.
4. Mix in whipped cream in 3-4 batches.
5. Lastly mix well with gelatin mixture and pour onto the crust.
6. Chill overnight in the fridge before serving.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by me, Copycake Kitchen,  at this post.
Please join us!! To join simply cook or bake a recipe  with 'Corn' which is the theme of this month April 2013 and link with us at this post for a duration of the whole month of April. Don't forget your thumbs up or just use our badge will do!!
1) We prefer a current post which is within Mar 2013 - Apr 2013
2) Please mention Little Thumbs Up in your post and link back to me Copycake KitchenBake for Happy Kids and  My Little Favourite DIY. For more details, please see this.


欢迎大家踊跃参与!参加的方法非常简单,您只需烹饪或烘焙一道有玉米在其中的材料里就可以了..还有还有...一个小步骤就是您的其中的照片必需有个小姆子或您也可以贴上我们的'小姆子说好'的标签就可以参加了....简单吧!

小提示:
1. 您的贴子必需是最近的作品噢! 比如是三月或四月的
2. 也请在您的贴子里附上'小姆子说好'的标签后再连您的贴子到 主办人Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids)Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY)  和 四月份带领人我,Esther (Copycake Kitchen)
接下来的'小姆子说好' 的活动带领人和主题大家可以在我的部落格的右手边预告将可看到.欢迎踊跃参与,谢谢支持!
如有任何不清楚的地方可以发邮件给:
Zoe (bakeforhappykids@gmail.com) 或 Mui Mui 到 (muihiong71@gmail.com)

好了, 接下来欢迎各位到以下的格友们那, 瞧瞧他们棒棒的"小姆子说好'的贴子吧!!


All the upcoming ingredient theme and hostess for the forthcoming months are listed at 'Little Thumbs Up' side bar of my blog and hope that you can join in the fun of this event.

Here are my blogging friends that have joined me for this Corn Little Thumbs Up event. Please visit their blogs for more of their thumbs-up Corn cooking. 

66 comments:

  1. 非常妙的班兰玉米芝士蛋糕, 加入了玉米肯定更好吃了!
    我没吃过这类的cheesecake,请我吧!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi May, 这cheesecake 的口感真的好特别,真的值得一试!!!

      Delete
  2. 绿色的班兰芝士蛋糕再加上黄色的玉米,颜色美极了。。。。也很特别!!
    玉米呀,我每周都会煮一煮的。。。那就是非常简单的玉米排骨汤咯。。女儿特别爱吃!!
    让我再想一想,还可以再用玉米变出什么好料。。。哈哈!!我也想要参加。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊珊,没关系,因为我煮的也是家常小菜。 只要有玉米一律欢迎 :)谢谢你。

      Delete
  3. Good morning Esther, your cheesecake with corn looks very pretty! Wonder is cornflake cookies allowed in this category? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, no problem at all because cornflake originally is made from corn :)
      You're most welcome!!!!

      Delete
  4. Esther, wow! wow! I like, I like! I think sweet corn and pandan combination is delicious. I wish I can have a slice (or two) of your creamy cheesecake. Love the sweet corn peeping out of the cake. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, thanks! thanks! thanks! Come, come!!! have a slice please, hehehe!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Esther
    I would love to give this a try too to see whether my other family members would be extra helpful and nice the next time round I make this again! And I can see that it is really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...What to say this is my family members, they love this cake and hoping that I can bake more for them!!!!

      Delete
  6. Wah, Esther, 這麼快就行動了!妳這蛋糕我星期六才看過,也想到要做因為我在馬來西亞買了這本的書,心有靈犀哦!這蛋糕好好看。Alan的這個食譜很創新,我之前沒看過,所以我才把書敗回來!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, Jessie,真的是同一天生日的人,特别心有灵犀耶,哈哈!!!!这本书很不错,里面有很多好吃的食谱,试试看。。。

      Delete
  7. Hi Esther, this reminds me of one of the Malay kuih which I like very much. I think the colour combination is so inviting too, love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,what kind of malay kuih??? for me it looks like nyonya style kuih because of the pandan and corn combination :)

      Delete
  8. 好特别的芝士蛋糕,我也没吃过呢,加进了罐装甜粟米,口感一定很好吃,有机会我也想试,谢谢分享!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, 试试看会有意想不到的惊喜口感哦,呵呵!!!!

      Delete
  9. 还可以分我一份吗??嘻嘻。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 没问题,给你献上一片,谢谢你喜欢!!!!

      Delete
  10. Hi Esther, Yum...must be delicious.. lovely color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lian, thank you and appreciate for your comment :)

      Delete
  11. Reminds of panda kaya cake. Looks smooth and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same as pandan kaya cake texture soft and smooth ;)

      Delete
  12. Hi Esther,
    That is a delicious looking corn cheesecake! Must be really delicious when eaten chilled, especially so welcoming in our super hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember eating a local version of this (without the cheese) this when i was younger, dad loves corn and mum loves all kuih so this is one kuih that we get to eat it all the time. The addition of cheese makes it so much more indulgent, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther, I hope I have a chance to try the local version one day :)

      Delete
  14. Esther~~
    老莎很喜欢玉米。。汤。。。
    蛋糕就。。。还没试过捏~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 美丽的莎莎,那我先请你吃吧!^_^

      Delete
  15. 我一看到这起司蛋糕有加玉米粒,就想到我家小朋友,
    他一定会喜欢~嘻嘻^^
    很棒的蛋糕耶~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对呀!多数小孩都爱玉米,看来我也是大小孩,呵呵!

      Delete
  16. corn我也喜欢
    最近才买了在家自己蒸来吃,呵呵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗨!鲸鱼,是呀,新鲜的玉米只要简单清蒸,就非常美味咯!

      Delete
  17. Such a lovely cake, very seasonal looking too!
    Sweet corn is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you also fan of sweet corn ;) it is a very tasty and healthy vegetable which is easy to accept by children as well.

      Delete
  18. Esther, corn cheesecake? It is my first knowing this cake. Looks yummy and even my son saw it and say his favourite....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angeline, try this cheesecake for your son. I believe it will win his heart :)

      Delete
  19. I think this is the first corn cheesecake I've seen. mmmm I am curious how it taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family love this cheesecake especially I use the homemade pandan paste added a great flavor to this cake :)

      Delete
  20. Esther.
    My kids are fans of sweet corn or any type of corns as long as it is corn they will love it..lol

    This cheesecake is very special.
    Like you mention after the cheesecake have melted left behind the corn to chewy..i like that ...yum yum

    Sorry dear, i did not post on your opening day but i will post my corn bake tommorow.
    Zoe is on leave for a urgent matter. She will be back soon.

    Jia you and happy hosting for Little Thumbs Up
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mui Mui, don't worry as I said to Zoe too, there's still plenty of time for posting :)
      I am happy and honor to host this LTU event. Once again, thank you very much to you and Zoe ^_^
      Happy baking & cooking !!!!!

      Delete
  21. A definite TWO thumbs up from me for this cheesecake :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi,,can i used canned cream corn,and are u using,fresh
    corn from the picture or canned corn,,
    aiyoo,,,sori first time baker,hope u can share,,
    thanks--singapore--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, i suggest that you use canned whole kernel corn but not the cream style corn for this cheesecake. Whole kernel corn will bring nice , crunchy and sweet bites to this cake :)
      Happy baking !!!

      Delete
  23. hi,,could you help me,,may i know do i need to whipped up
    the whipped cream(B ingredient)
    thanks---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have revised the method, please check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  24. very special corn cheesecake! sound yummy..i already cooked a corn dish, wait for me..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sonia, thanks. Can't wait to see your Corn dish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi esther, thanks for coming by my blog earlier. Oh, you are the host for the corn theme..i will try to come up with something..hopefully. Nice to know you. I never come across corn in cheesecakes but dont think it's really odd, anything is possible :) it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena, thank you for your lovely comment and please feel free to join on LTU event :) Have Fun !!!!

      Delete
  27. Hi Esther, First time I see this combination of corn and cheese. Looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Replies
    1. Come! I give you a slice to try, hehe...

      Delete
  29. Hi Esther, This is so amazing! Very innovative & flavorful cheesecake ! Love the beautiful color of this inviting cheesecake! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These cheesecake slices are a pure indulgence. I love the use of corn and the colour is just outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Esther,

    Sorry for my late visit. I was trying to recover from last week... *sign* Nevermind...

    What a great to incorporate extra crunch in cheesecake with corn! This sounds very delicious.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  32. adding corns in this cheesecake is really creative, I believed the crunchy corns will go well with the pandan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tze, thank you for stopping and appreciate your support on LTU.

      Delete
  33. Hi Esther , Help needed, I hv blogged about it but I am not sure I did it correctly, pse help to check for me at http://lazymamainkitchen.blogspot.com/2013/04/fusion-feast-at-home-sweet-home.html
    TQ! My apology for troubling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, please check your email for the linking steps, Please let me know if you need further assistant. Thank you very much :)

      Delete
  34. Hi Esther, I hv checked and there is no mail from you leh! My email address is christine_choy33@yahoo.com. TQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, please re-check your email, thanks!

      Delete