Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nasi Dagang & Gulai Ikan Tongkol Kelantan

续上次的香辣红番茄红鸡后,我依然兴致勃勃的想学习一些马来料理。
我选择这个比较简单食谱做为另一次的体验。
After my previous post "Ayam Masak Merah", I learn to cook more Malay food recently. 
As a beginner, I start with an easy recipe to gain some experience. If you are also like malay food and want something quick and easy to prepare, then you can try out this recipe!!!
右手边 : 我用的Nasi Dagang米。
Right-hand side : Rice that I used to cook my nasi dagang.
Nasi Dagang Kelatan (Quick  version)
(Recipe adapted from here with minor changes)

Ingredients
1 cup Rice (Beras nasi dagang Kelantan)
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Water
1/2 tsp Salt or to taste.
1 tbsp Fenugreek/Halba
3 Shallots - sliced
2 Cloves of garlic - sliced
1"Ginger - sliced

Method
1. Wash and drain rice.
2. Put in rice, fenugreek, all the sliced ingredients to rice cooker.
3. Add in the coconut milk, water and salt, stir well.
4. Switch on the rice cooker or steam for 30 minutes, done.
Gulai Ikan Tongkol 
(Recipe adapted from rempah gulai nasi dagang ready mixed package with minor changes)

Ingredients
A:
8 Shallots
4 Cloves garlic
1" Galangal
1" Ginger
5 pieces of dried red chili (soak in hot water for 15 mins and deseed)

B:
2 pcs Ikan Tongkol (I used Ikan Tenggiri) (soak in warm water with tamarind slice/asam keping and salt)
50gm Rempah gulai nasi dagang (a package of ready mixed)
1 cup Coconut milk
1tbsp Sugar
1/2" belacan (optional)
1 piece asam gelugor
Salt to taste

Method
1. Blend all the ingredients A until paste texture, set aside.
2. Heat wok over low heat and add in 2 tbsp oil. Stir fry chili paste until fragrant and glossy    
    (as picture above).
3. Put in rempah gulai, stir to combine.
4. Add in water from the soaked fish, salt, sugar and belacan.
5. Pour in coconut milk and keep stirring until mixture boiled.
6. Put in fish pieces and bring to boil or until sauce become thick. Done.
My Mum best ever Acar :) (sorry I don't have the recipe yet)

I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Kelantan Month hosted by My Kitchen Snippets

33 comments:

  1. Hello Esther
    I am still learning to cook this type of food though I love to eat this very much but the preparation can be lots of work. Woo....I loves the acar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, that's so true, Malay cooking need a lots of preparation, but it will be worthwhile when you enjoying the dish :) My mum is an expert in making acar, I wanted to "curi" her recipe next time, haha....

      Delete
  2. 大家都在玩kelantan菜肴啊,好热闹:)
    我饿了
    自己先动手咯,不客气了:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈,Oppa Kelantan style!!!!来来来, 我们一起吃!!!!

      Delete
  3. 你越来越不简单了,什么菜式都难不倒你,厉害厉害!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, 不要怎么说嘛!我还有很多要跟你们这些师傅级的人学习!!!
      来!先请你吃饭,再收买你,啊哈哈!

      Delete
  4. 之前有想过Nasi Dagang,
    但是却煮了Nasi Kerabu Kelantan,
    不如先和你交换,尝一尝何味,
    迟点再开锅,OK?

    差点忘了,你家的Nasi Dagang,好醒胃,
    可以开档咯!
    哈。。。。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 太好了,大家互相交换品尝!开档嘛。。。就不敢当咯!哈哈!

      Delete
  5. 我饿了咧!你家饭好好吃,我喜欢吃这种饭给我大大碗。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. 给你一个大碗公装饭,够意思了吧!哈哈!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Esther for your participation. I too wanted to make Nasi Dagang but find the rice :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gertrube, you're most welcome. Actually I bought these nasi dagang during my last trip to Terengganu.

      Delete
  7. 我也想吃你的nasi叻, 我没带食物来和你交换,不知有的吃吗?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 只要你不嫌弃,我非常乐意和你一起分享这饭!!!Come On!!!

      Delete
  8. 哇!好好吃哦。。。 看到我肚子饿了:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah your gulai ikan tongkol looks good leh. I love these Malay dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 我也没吃过呢,看了就觉得好好吃,饿了呢 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass, 放心,我已经给你留一碗了! ^-^

      Delete
  11. I'm drooling just by looking at your pictures. I think I can eat extra bowl of rice just to consume more sauce. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you're right this sauce is so good to go with rice. I have made extra sauce for this dish :)

      Delete
  12. Very nice, Esther! I didn't like Nasi Dagang because of the Ikan Tongkol. But since you used Ikan Tenggiri, then I shall order one plate please! Kuah and Acar lebih!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. 不好意思,把你搞饿了,哈哈!你也来一碟吧!

      Delete
  14. 看到那块咖哩鱼肉和acar,我真的很想吃咯!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, 那acar是有妈妈味道的,特别留给你咯!再加块鱼给你!

      Delete
  15. This is so delicious..the sauce looks particularly great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I like that thicker sauce too :)

      Delete
  16. I cook Nasi Dagang too, a lot of works especially steam the Nasi Dagang take quite some time..Your version also look super good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the steam version is a bit time consuming. As a beginner I don't dare to try it, so I go for this quick version first. Next time I will learn from you the steam version...looking forward your nasi dagang :)

      Delete
  17. Esther,
    I was thinking of cooking Nasi Dagang too.
    Yours looks quick and easy. Yummy too!
    Oh! Mum's Acar is always the best :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete