Monday, March 11, 2013

Tomato Spaghetti (番茄意大利面)


Again, I cook a simple and healthy dish for my dinner. I have my fasting recently, something quick and easy dish like this just nice for me at this time.

Fasting is a challenge for a food lover like me even I only fasting for few hours per day, but I can't deny that fasting is so good to refresh my body and soul. I appreciate my food more during this period :)

My dear blogger friends or anyone who read this post, may God bless you with abundant of  joy, especially in your cooking and baking life.
Tomato Spaghetti (番茄意大利面)
(Serves: 1 -2)

Ingredients:
  • 8 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1tbsp garlic (chopped)
  • 6 fresh cherry tomato
  • 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 1/2 Chicken breast (cut into cubes)
  • Angel hair pasta
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Seasoning (to taste)
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp dried Italian herbs
  • Brown sugar
Method
  • Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a saucepan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  • In a frying pan, saute garlic in oil. Add the chicken cubes and stir fry for a few minutes until the meat is tender but still juicy and soft.
  • Pour in tomato puree, cherry tomato and seasoning, stir well.
  • Add drain paste and toss to coat.
  • Cherry tomatoes and broccoli for garnishing.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY (Theme : Tomato) and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids.
Have A Blessed Day!!!

30 comments:

  1. 我可以天天吃意大利面呢,好爱它哦,哈哈!
    你的很鲜艳漂亮,一定很美味,请我吃吧 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass,原来你也爱意大利面,那我们就Share share 吃吧!还要加多几粒你做印度肉丸才行,嘻嘻!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm.... your tomato pasta looks so pretty and delicious! I can have this everyday too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...another fan of spaghetti, cheers!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Esther! Very healthy meal indeed! I like angel hair.... especially cooked aglio olio...

    BTW, why do you need to fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alvin, thank you for your lovely comments. For your info I'm fasting for religious vow (Fasting and prayer).

      Delete
  4. Me encanta luce muy bonita y exquisita está de lujo este plato,abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosita, Thank you and apppreciate for your comments.

      Delete
  5. Hi Esther,

    Your pasta looks very pretty with these pretty and bright colours! Very healthy indeed!

    Btw, we need to start to publicize your corn event soon. I will start to mention this in my next tomato post :D Please mention in your coming posts too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, I will mention the corn event in next post and thank you for your publicize services. Have a great day!!!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sonia, Thank you and help yourself please.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Mel, Thank you and have a nice day!!!!

      Delete
  8. 我家每个星期都会煮一次意大利面,孩子们很爱吃!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 看来喜欢吃意大利面的人还真不少!给孩子吃Spaghetti比吃Maggie面健康得多hor!

      Delete
  9. wow ....卖相很美的意大利面!!
    请我吃!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊珊,没问题,请慢用!!!

      Delete
  10. 可以卖了,是一碟RM9.90吗?有没有友情价,可以一碟只收RM7.90吗?哈哈哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, 我们讲心不讲钱,给你免费吃到饱,ok?

      Delete
  11. Haiya, Esther! Your spaghetti is so beautiful. Love the colour! You fasting to detox, ah? I tried fasting before but cannot tahan. Hah! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, I'm having fasting and prayer, it will help to detox the body too. However when i see you guys post your creation, I lagi tak tahan, almost break my fasting, hehe...

      Delete
  12. Esther, when I had this, I could never go on diet as I normally eat double the size than the plate that you were using above, haha! This is my family favourite. Every weekend, I will cook pasta coz I'm on my weekend mood & making pasta is low risk coz my children will definitely eat them! Your spaghetti looks like restaurant standard loh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! you can eat so much, yet still slim and fit :) I will look for you as my business partner if I want to start a restaurant because you can make the pasta so well, hehe!!!

      Delete
  13. HI Esther,
    Fasting in Easter Month?
    Are you a Christian or Catholic?

    Love you colourful tomato spaghetti dish:D
    My kids will love this with lots of ketchup..LOL

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Esther, I will try to cook a "corn" recipe to join your LTU next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I salute you Esther! I should be fasting or at least abstaining from certain foods and eating less during the Christian Lenten season now, but I am too greedy *sigh* Wish you the best and blessings for your efforts. Btw, your pasta dish may be simple but it looks pretty and really appetising.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love quick and easy dish like this one. :) Healthy and delicious. I love all the vibrant colors from the veggies too.

    ReplyDelete