Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stir-Fried Tomato & Egg (蕃茄炒蛋)

Stir-fried tomato & egg is a simple home-cooked meal, yet delicious and nutritious. I craving for this dish all the time, especially when accompany with rice, porridge, noodle or bread.

Normally I cook it with simple seasoning such as salt and white pepper only, but this time I try a difference recipe with shaoxing wine and sesame oil. Wow!!! It's really a great combination and the best stir-fried tomato & egg I've ever had. I don't hesitate to share this delicious and healthy dish to you. Hope that you will cook it for your family one day.
Stir-Fried Tomato & Egg (蕃茄炒蛋)  
(Recipe adapted from here with minor charges)

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
2 large fresh tomatoes (cut into thin wedges)
1 teaspoon shaoxing wine (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 dashes white pepper powder
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Some chopped Spring onion

Method:  
1)  Break the eggs into a bowl and use chopsticks to beat the eggs until they break thoroughly.
2)  Add salt, sesame oil, shaoxing wine, white pepper powder, and lightly beat to blend well. Set 
     aside.
3)  Heat up a wok with 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Add the egg mixture into the wok, and use your
     spatula to spread the eggs. Keep stirring until the eggs form lumps. Gently break the lumps into
     smaller pieces. As soon as the eggs are cooked, dish out and set aside.
4)  Clean the wok and heat it up again with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Drop the tomato wedges into 
     the wok and do a few quick stirs.
5)  Add sugar and water into the tomatoes. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
6)  Transfer the eggs and chopped scallions into the tomatoes, stir-fry for 30 seconds or so, dish out    
     and serve immediately.

 This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY (Theme : Tomato) and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids. 
Enjoy your meal!!!
请享用!!!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh! fish sauce - another version I can try next time, thankssss...

      Delete
  2. Hi, Esther, I'm here for your stir-fried eggs with tomatoes. This is such a simple yet nutrition dish. I love it! You belanjar me first & later I will belanjar you back. I did 2 different versions of this dish in the last 3 days, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, please grab as much as you can. Untung lah !!! next time i can try 2 different versions from your side :)

      Delete
  3. This is indeed a very healthy dish . Like this version of yours with shaoxing wine and sesame oil! I love egg dishes so I'm sure I LOVE this ! Yummy with rice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kit, I totally agreed with you this dish goes well with rice, yum yum!!!!
      Shaoxing wine made it more chinese style :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Esther,

    Stir fried tomato and egg is my cousin's favourite dish. She can eat this almost everyday...

    Your delicious dish reminds me a lot of her :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really?! she love stir-fried tomato and egg so much. Good to recommend her this shaoxing wine version :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Esther
    Stir fried tomato egg ~ the title already say this is an easy dish to cook! And it is so delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I like easy and simple recipe mah, haha....Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. Wooow...Es una verdadera delicia me encanta rico y colorido,abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We grew up eating this dish. Fast and easy for my mom to cook when she came home from work. Been awhile since I have this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is perfect for my lunch

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very nice and yet simple to prepare dish, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite comfort foods :) great with teochew porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Esther, this tomato dish looks lovely and delicious. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 我喜欢那俩粒大大的番茄,我带走了!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Esther, this is a new dish to me! Very interesting, simple but delicious. I love eggs, so I will try this dish soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my family favorite dish. :) I always make sure I get "extra" sauce cos my kids love it that way. Yours look just perfect....we can all use an extra bowl of rice whenever this dish is served. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favourite too! Vc and protein....totally my right kind of dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Esther,

    Healthy and comfort dish!!
    Thanks for sharing this to LTU :)

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I really like this with watery muay, especially if the eggs have a bit extra salt or soy sauce and pepper added!

    ReplyDelete