Thursday, March 14, 2013

Green Tea Butter Cake (抹茶牛油蛋糕) & Little Thumbs Up Events (小姆子说好)

I have stopped baking green tea butter cake for sometime after I was exposed to many other new recipes. However a special request from my hubby two days ago have brought the good fond memory which used to be one of my signature dessert.

I have not bake for two weeks ever since I start my fasting :) Life without baking is so dull. With this special request from my loved one, I have found an excuse to heat up my oven again, hehehe....

Red kidney beans


Here I would like to invite everyone to gracefully join the "Little Thumbs Up" event, initiated by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY). This month, the theme is "TOMATO" hosted by Mui Mui(My Little Favourite DIY).

Next month (April 2013), it will be my turn to host this fantastic event and I am glad to announce my theme - "CORN". Well, since it is going to be my first time, honestly, I am kind of nervous myself. I would appreciate any support and constructive advice that could help to turn this event a happy and successful one. Thank you very much in advance and have fun ! Those who are interested to participate in this event, kindly follow this link Little Thumbs Up.

在这里想呼吁一下,请大家踊跃参与“小姆子说好'” 的活动。此项是活动是由Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids)Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) 所主办。而每个月都会以不同的主题和带领人进行。本月份活动的主题是“番茄”,由Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY)带领。

接下来四月份,小女子我将会以主题“玉米”上阵。第一次带领这样的活动,好紧张呀!希望大家多多指教,也盼望大家踊跃参与,给小女子我和其他的主办人更多的鼓励和支持。谢谢大家,感激不尽!

参与的方法,可以参考这里"小姆子说好“(英文版)华文版。

Green Tea Butter Cake (抹茶牛油蛋糕)
(Recipe adapted from : Kevin Chai (I love butter cake)
 (I cut half of all the ingredients)

Ingredients:
350g butter
250g caster sugar
5 eggs
250g plain flour
2 tbsp green tea powder
1 tsp baking powder
240g red beans (100g canned red kidney beans)

Method:
1. Soak the red beans with enough water for over night.  Cook with water until soften, drain well.
     (Skip this step if you using canned red kidney beans).
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after
    each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour, green tea powder and baking powder, stir in cooked read beans, mix  
    until well blended. 
4. Spread batter into two greased and lined (4x8-in) loaf pan.
5. Bake in preheated over at 200c for 5 min or until light brown. Use a knife to make line
     over centre of the batter. Bake at 175c for further 40-45 min until cooked.


 Happy Baking!!!

36 comments:

  1. This green tea butter sounds so yummy with the red kidney beans in it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, this cake is fully of green tea aroma and red kidney beans go well with it. Worth to try :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther,

    I love green tea and red bean combo. They compliment each other very well. Your green tea butter cake looks moist and nice!!

    I have prepared a few corn recipes on hand now.
    Don't worry, i know you will be a great host.

    哇!! 你的中英文都很棒哦!!
    加油!! 加油!!

    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mui Mui, you're so touching and thank you very much :)
      Gambate!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. 支持你的“小姆子说好'” 的活动,我会用行动来支持你的,哈哈!
    你的蛋糕很美,很美!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, 谢谢你! 太感激了,泪水汪汪咯^_^

      Delete
  4. 你的蛋糕做到好美~~~
    我会用行动来支持你的“小姆子说好'” 的活动!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, 谢谢你, 又是一个另我感动到想哭的朋友^_^

      Delete
  5. I never try out green tea and red bean combo. I am sure it taste great. I have to remember to make this when I open a can of red beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and feel so great you would like to have a try. It's a tasty cake and very worth to try :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Esther, love the greeny color of your matcha butter cake & the addition of red bean in this cake is amazing! Never had thought of that before. Lovely combo. You'll definitely have my full support for Corn challenge next month! I already have an idea of what I'm gonna make for next month's Little Thumbs Up event. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kit, matcha is really a good friend with red bean. Japanese like these combination in their cake and dessert. Thank you very much and appreciate for you support :)

      Delete
  7. 漂亮的牛油蛋糕,请我一片当早餐,嘻嘻!
    我也来support你的“小姆子说好'” 的活动!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, 我真得很感动, 谢谢你^_^

      Delete
  8. Hi Esther
    This cake sure looks real yummy and delicious with the added kidney beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, these kidney beans taste sweet and go well with green tea butter cake :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, no worry, like I told Mui Mui before, I already have 1 corn dish in my mind to cook but please don't compare the number of dishes that I'm going to cook compares to tomatoes becoz we eat a lot of tomatoes at home, hahaha! Most importantly is to my heart lah. Love this green tea flavour of butter cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, I can feel your sincerity and number is really not important to me. Thank you very much for your support ;)

      Delete
  10. Esther, don't worry! I will so some corn dishes even though I hardly cook with corn. It would be a good opportunity for me to experiment. Your cake looks very moist and delicious. I have not tried this version before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong hong, you're so touching too, thank you and appreciate for your support.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. 鲸鱼,来!我请你吃蛋糕!

      Delete
  12. green tea butter cake, sound yummy..Have to start think what to cook with corn to support you, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sonia, kam siah Kam siah for your support. For your info I am also Hokkien Lang, hehe....

      Delete
  13. Hi Esther! Dun worry, you will have my support come next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alvin, thank you very much. Will give you my full support on July'13, theme "Ginger". Cheers!!!!

      Delete
  14. Interesting recipes, good pictures, very tasty resemble the Mediterranean cuisine which we do in Spain.
    We invite you to visit my blog from Spain, with traditional recipes from the State of
    Valencia.

    http://valenciagastronomic.blogspot.com.es

    This week " traditional Valencia pumpkin fritters " and the coming week " (Mona de Pascua) traditional Easter bread " going to lose?
    In my blog you can find a translator to your language

    I invite you to place the code html in your blog to have direct access with the news of Valenciagastronomic

    过来看一看 http//valenciagastronomic.blogspot.com.es
    现在看到你的

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Esther, green tea and red bean is always a good combination and your cake looks lovely and moist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your green tea butter cake looks so lovely!!
      How I wish to have a slice right now to go with my cup of tea in hand :D

      Delete
  16. Hi Esther,

    I cannot imagine my life without baking... I will be very depressed :p How about baking and giving away your cakes??? LOL!

    Your green tea butter cake looks great. Maybe a tiny tiny slice won't hurt :p

    Can't wait for the corn month... My son and I have lots to cook and blog :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Esther. I have never seen red kidney beans in cakes but it does taste like aduki beans so I can imagine how nice that is. I love the green tea flavour of the butter cake. Very nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Masterpiece! My compliments to the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Green tea butter cake with red bean looks good to me. Nice to know you from little thumbs up event. Will scheduled to join for your next month them "corn"

    ReplyDelete
  20. your cake looks amazing! i hope to join in the little thumbs up event soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your green tea butter cake looks so delicious and I love that you add the red kidney beans in it. :) The Little Thumbs Up sounds like a fun event. I'm going to check it out right after my message.

    ReplyDelete