Nevertheless, I still love to share with you this Steamed Carrot and Radish cake. Actually this cake is quite similar to my previous Steamed Savoury Pumpkin Cake but this time I added luncheon meat and surprisingly it taste more perfect and yummy. Hope you will like it as much as I do.
Have an enjoyable and joyful reunion on this coming sunday!!!
Steamed Carrot and Radish cake (红白萝卜糕)
(Recipe adapted from : Steamed cake & kuih muih cookbook)
100g carrot (peeled, shredded)
100g radish (peeled, shredded)
80g canned luncheon meat with ham (shredded)
75g dried shrimps (chopped)
8 shallots (chopped)
150g rice flour,
1/2 tbsp wheat starch
1/2 corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
400 ml water
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chicken stock granule
1/2 tbsp chopped red chillies
1/2 tbsp chopped spring onions
1. Mix batter ingredients until well combined,sift and keep aside.
2. Prepare filling, heat up 2 tbsp oil in the hot wok, to fragrant the chopped shallots,
dried shrimps and shredded luncheon meat, stir-fry briskly until aromatic. Reserve 100g for
3. Add in shredded carrot, radish and seasoning into filling, toss well.
4. Gradually add in batter mixture, cook until thicken. Remove, pour into a greased 7" round
steaming tin immediately.
5. Steam in the preheated steamer at high heat for 30-45 minutes until cooked though, dish out,
sprinkle with retained filling and the topping.
6. Leave to cook and cut into pieces, serve.
HAPPY CHAP GOH MEH TO ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS!!!