Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake (南瓜戚风)Gong Xi Fa Cai

天呀!最近不是忙做年饼,就是狂吃年餅。不知不觉地吃下了好多的牛油。接下来春节期间还有更多高脂肪和高卡路里的食物在等候着叻。。。基于健康考量,希望大家在欢享节日饕餮美食的同时,也能尽量减少这些食物为身体带来的负担。记得新年要吃得开心,但也吃得健康喔!
好久没吃戚风蛋糕了,好想念它哦! 今天就抛开一切年饼,做自己想念的戚风。
其实, 这个新年大家也可以考虑用轻蛋糕来取代牛油蛋糕,感觉它比较健康又不油腻。在此献上这个金黄色的南瓜戚风蛋糕,恭祝大家金银满屋、遍地黄金。

My recent favorite activities are baking and eating CNY cookies. I don't dare to know how many calories I had taken. Oh! Please don't remind me, there are lots and lots of CNY dishes waiting for me...However, due to health concerns and make me feel less guilty, I decided to bake a chiffon cake instead of butter cake for CNY. May this golden pumpkin chiffon cake brings you a health, wealth, prosperity & happiness in this year!!!



 

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake (南瓜戚风)

*makes a 17cm chiffon tin (I used 18cm)
Ingredients:
100g Pumpkin (diced, steamed and mashed)
1-2tbsp Milk
70g Sugar
3 Eggs yolk
50ml Canola oil
40ml Water
80g Cake flour
1/2 - 1tsp Cinnamon powder (Optional)
4 Eggs white

Method:
  1. Preheat oven at 180c。.
  2. In a bowl whisk the mashed pumpkin and milk to combine.
  3. Add in 1/3 sugar, eggs yolk, canola oil, until the sugar dissolves.
  4. Fold in the sifted cake flour and cinnamon powder until well-mixed. 
  5. In another bowl, whisk egg whites and the balance sugar until stiff peak form
  6. Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter in 3 batches.
  7. Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin.
  8. Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles. 
  9. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
  11. Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.
  12. **Wishing you a Happy & Prosperity CNY!
    GONG XI FA CAI
    恭祝大家新年快乐,万事如意 & 身体健康!**

23 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, Gong Xi Fa Chai to you & your family . I simply love the 'wong' (Cantonese) color of this chiffon cake & it looks so cottony soft . Definitely guilt free cake that I love to eat ! I must say that I'm doing just that eating nonstop all my CNY bakes! They're so addictive that I can hardly resist ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kit, hope that this "Wang" color bring you Good Luck "Wang, Wang, Wang " this year ! Enjoy your CNY bakes ya :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther,
    Don't worry much for the calories for the time being till after CNY just go for diet lor...... Know what, the Kumquat Nastar rolls I baked earlier, I almost finished munching already.....duh...and I have to get start baking for Pineapple Tart just today again! hee...
    Your chiffon cake looks lovely and I always love any chiffon cake flavours. I have never baked pumpkin flavour before. May be one of the day.
    Here I would like to wish you GONG XI FA CAI to your and to your family. May the Snake year brings good health and lots of happiness to you and to your love ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...Eat double and exercise need to double up too. You're facing the same problem like me "demand over supply", got to bake again and again. Next time I'll start all my baking at last minutes :)
      Mel, Have a Blessing New Year to you and your family!!! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!

      Delete
  3. 有我最爱的戚风,好久没做了,非常想念它的味道。。。
    吃一片可以吗??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗨Mayck, 请慢慢享用。祝你新年快乐,心想事成^_^

      Delete
  4. I miss chiffon ! Must bake one during CNY .. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is busy for CNY cookies recently, but after all we still miss chiffon so much.
      A very Happy CNY and Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and family !!!!

      Delete
  5. Wish you an early Happy CNY! Gong Xi Fa Cai! Your pumpkin chiffon cake looks perfect. I love the soft and fluffy texture of chiffon cake. :) Wish you all the best in the coming year of snake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank very much stopping by. Have a wonderful and best ever CNY !!! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!

      Delete
  6. Happy Chinese New Year to you and yours!
    Chiffon has always been my favourite sweet treat. Airy, soft and moist..what's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie, thanks for your comment. This chiffon texture is really soft & moist. I love it very much. Happy CNY and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 哈哈哈!大家都被年饼冲昏了头,来来来,我也要一片7风蛋糕。

    祝福你,新春快乐,喜气洋洋。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 刚刚才在你家吃了甜品,太清爽甜蜜了!新年快乐,恭喜发财!

      Delete
  9. Hi Esther, 我也祝你蛇年行大运,身体健康,一路发!恭喜恭喜!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 柔软健康的南瓜戚风很好吃!
    祝你和家人新年快乐,万事如意,合家安康!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 我也想吃七风

    祝你新年快乐,万事如意!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Esther, what a lovely chiffon cake using pumpkin! I must try it but after CNY. Now too tired. Wish you and family Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely cake!!
    Wishing you a very happy and prosperous year of the snake ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Esthet,
    Lovely 'wang' chiffon.
    Wish I can have a piece now...lol

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Esther, the 40ml water, @ which step suppose to add in? Tks.

    ReplyDelete