My recent favorite activities are baking and eating CNY cookies. I don't dare to know how many calories I had taken. Oh! Please don't remind me, there are lots and lots of CNY dishes waiting for me...However, due to health concerns and make me feel less guilty, I decided to bake a chiffon cake instead of butter cake for CNY. May this golden pumpkin chiffon cake brings you a health, wealth, prosperity & happiness in this year!!!
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake (南瓜戚风）
*makes a 17cm chiffon tin (I used 18cm)
100g Pumpkin (diced, steamed and mashed)
3 Eggs yolk
50ml Canola oil
80g Cake flour
1/2 - 1tsp Cinnamon powder (Optional)
4 Eggs white
- Preheat oven at 180c。.
- In a bowl whisk the mashed pumpkin and milk to combine.
- Add in 1/3 sugar, eggs yolk, canola oil, until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold in the sifted cake flour and cinnamon powder until well-mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites and the balance sugar until stiff peak form
- Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter in 3 batches.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin.
- Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
- Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.
**Wishing you a Happy & Prosperity CNY!
GONG XI FA CAI
恭祝大家新年快乐，万事如意 & 身体健康!**