Monday, February 25, 2013

Pandan Butter Cake (班兰牛油蛋糕)

After seeing this pandan butter cake recipe from a chinese blogger, it reminds me that I should bake one for my hubby (usually I try to avoid making any buttery cake >.<)
Butter cake is his favorite cake and he was very happy to have it yesterday ^-^
Even though pandan butter cake is a simple traditional cake but you are advised to use homemade pandan paste and good quality butter for better taste, moist and fragrant aroma.
Come On!!! Let the amazing aroma fill up your kitchen and bring you an unforgettable taste!
 

Pandan Butter Cake (班兰牛油蛋糕)
(recipe adapted from : 星厨房 or 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窩居
Ingredients :
90g salted butter
40g sugar
1 egg (A)
30g homemade pandan paste
10g milk
110g self-raising flour
1tsp baking power

Method :
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Add in sifted flour, pandan paste and milk, mix well.
5. Pour cake batter into cake tin.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 40-45mins or skewer came out clean.
 **Happy Baking!!!**

14 comments:

  1. Your butter cake looks very pretty with that green colour. Good to go with a cup of hot coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine the flavour and the smell of pandan of this butter cake now. Love to have a piece from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful natural green from homemade pandan paste, remind me I have so long did not attempt this cake again .

    ReplyDelete
  4. 哇,最近每个人都上牛油蛋糕,我要吃啦,哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, pandan cake, my butter and some more is pandan butter cake, 2thumbs up.I always like the sexy crack on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. 果然很快就看到你的pandan butter cake咯。。颜色够绿够美!!
    老公吃了肯定赞不绝口。。。哈哈哈!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 好青翠的pandan口味,我流口水了,来来来,我们交换吃。

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther,

    Like you, I try to avoid as much as I can too but butter is too delicious... LOL! Your pandan butter cake looks wonderful and I can imagine the smell of this cake must be more wonderful than its look.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Esther, I couldnt help drooling over your pandan butter cake, it looks so moist! Will try this one day when I have access pandan leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love the color & the addition of pandan is fabulous! We love , I mean my hubby loves buttery cake but not sponge or chiffon cake. I'm sure he'll like this rich & flavorful cake! YUM! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the colour! The pound cake looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pandan is my favourite flavour of all, even more than chocolate! Love the tender, moist crumb of your loaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also made pandan butter cake recently. Yours look so good I will try this recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete