Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My First Attempt - Egg Tarts (蛋挞)

第一次做蛋挞。其实这个食谱是Eileen家看到的,bookmarked 了好几个月,一拖再拖,到现在才做。整个制作过呈还蛮好玩的,只是当要脱模时才发现这挞的边缘好像很脆弱,无论我怎么小心翼翼,还是有几个躲不过破裂的命运。加上拍照时移来移去,又破了几个。最后,只能对着那不完美的蛋挞傻笑。虽然外表不完美,但是内在却隐藏着满满的惊喜。蛋挞不但香,而且甜度刚刚好,真得好吃!谢谢Eileen的分享,还有Angie的食谱。当然,我会再接再厉!!!

据我所知,广东人很喜爱蛋挞,每当庆祝佳节时总少不了这它。所以,乘年还没过,赶快为大家献上这道甜点。

My first attempt with Egg Tarts. I bookmarked this recipe few months ago. Finally, I try this recipe without any further delay. Process of making these tarts are fun but I have difficulty to remove them from tart shells due to the soft texture of the crust. They are easy to crack no matter how careful I handle them. They looks even worse after the photo shooting because of the non-expert photographer, hahaha....
However, these tarts taste so yummy and the sweetness is "just right" for me and my family.
Thank you for Eileen's sharing and Angie's  recipe.

As I understand, Cantonese like egg tarts especially during festival days.  Here I would like to share  these yummy recipe before "expiration" of the Chap Goh Mei (15th of Lunar New Year) , LOL.....
Egg Tarts (蛋挞)
(Recipe source from Eileen and Angie)
Makes 12 egg tarts (about 28g each)


Ingredients for Crust:
110g Butter, room temperature
45g Icing sugar
1/2 Egg
160g Cake flour
10g Custard powder

Method:
  1. Cream butter and icing sugar with electric mixer over medium speed until the mixure is fluffy and light in pale. Add in egg, mix well.
  2. Sift in the flour and mix with spatula until all ingredients are combine well. Knead into soft dough.
  3. Keep the dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
  4. Put the dough in tart shell, lightly press the dough with your thumbs, starting from the bottom then up to the sides. Trim away any excess dough.
  5. Preheat oven at 180c, bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients of custard:
A
112ml Milk
75ml Water
35g Sugar
a pinch of salt
B
1 1/2  Eggs
3 Eggs Yolk
Method:
  1. All ingredients A bring to boil until all sugar dissolve, leave to cool.
  2. Mix ingredients B with milk mixture (method 1), sift the egg mixture twice.
  3. Pour egg mixture into each tart shell, bake at 180c for 10 minutes or until custard slightly rise and set, done. 
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi xing hui,thank you for stopping by and appreciate your lovely comments^_^

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther,

    I have never not baked any egg tarts before... Your egg tarts look great. Now, you can be my see fu if I have any problem in my future egg tart baking :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I m not qualify yet, there's still a lots of room of improvement. However, I can always share my experience with you ;)

      Delete
  3. 第一次就有这么棒的蛋挞吃,还kilat kilat的,美美美!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, 我也是很喜欢它kilat kilat 的样子,呵呵! 谢谢你的分享^_^

      Delete
  4. 我还没试过蛋挞,改天也得试试!
    你的蛋挞美美哦!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayck, 试试看,好好吃哦!(哈哈,老王卖瓜)

      Delete
  5. Yummy, Egg Tarts are one of my favorite treats. I make them from time to time and I believe I use the same molds that you have. But I didn't experience any difficulty removing them from the mold. I only have to lift it up and the egg tart slides right off the mold. Maybe different recipe have different results. Nevertheless,your egg tarts look lovely and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thanks for sharing your experience. I will keep trying until succesful :)

      Delete
  6. Your first attempt already look perfect to me! I loves egg tart....my all time tea break favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I wish you're my neighbor and we can tea time together with these egg tarts :)

      Delete
  7. I know your egg tarts must be very good, because i tasted Angie's egg tarts before! YUM YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, you're so lucky can taste the 'Original" egg tarts !!!

      Delete
  8. 很喜歡吃蛋塔但沒試過做。我在的家把食譜帶走也超過一年了,小塔盤也買了十個,就是還沒行動而以,哈哈!那撕開蛋塔的近照(第四張照片)很誘人哦!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie,我也很喜欢那张照片!喔!食谱己超过一年那就赶紧做做看吧!就如Eileen 说的"吃了幸福一整天"^_^

      Delete
  9. Now these are some pretty and tempting egg tarts! I go brew some oolong tea, and let's enjoy some of these delicious tarts together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Angie! Egg tarts are ready for you :)

      Delete
  10. LOL... I wanted to make this before Chap Goh Mei but totally forgotten when is the actual day! hahahaha These tarts look delicious ! Now I wanna make some too. It's been ages since I've had these addictive tarts! ;)

    ReplyDelete