I miss my mum when I make these pineapple tarts. Since I am still a kid, my mum used
to sell cookies during Chinese New Year to earn some extra income. She made many types of cookies but pineapple tarts is the best seller. I like her pineapple tarts very much but it is just too difficult to copy since there is no written recipe. I have tried to emulate her skill but I got to admit she is so gifted.
This time I use this simple yet delicious recipe from Sonia. This recipe is highly recommended by many bloggers too.
A sunny day for my sunflowers !
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover.
Pineapple Tarts (黄梨饼）
(Recipe source: by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover) with minor changes)
(Inspired by : Cass and Joceline )
*Makes about 95pcs
100g condensed milk
510g plain flour / all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
700g Pineapple filling (homemade or store-bought) (I used about 1kg)
Method :1. Cream butter and condensed milk till light.
2. Add in egg yolk one at a time, and beat until combine.
3. Mix in flour, mix till become a soft and not sticky dough.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface. Cut into shapes with flower cookie cutter.
5. Place pineapple jam filling in middle of the cookies.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for 25 mins or till golden brown.
7. Cool on wire racks before storing.