Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pineapple Jam (凤梨果酱)


Yesterday my hubby grabbed a great offer for Josephine pineapples. Only cost RM1.00 for 3, but is limited to 6 for each customer.  Actually this is one of the selected item for promotion due to the new opening of this supermarket. At such an unbelievable price, yet the quality is not compromise, it is a steal of the day.


like to eat pineapple. Just hate the skinning.  I always found troublesome to remove the eyes and divots, gosh!!!  However, I was lucky to have my hubby helping me up in this preparation :)


Ingredients :

600g pineapple
100g brown sugar 
2 tbsp lemon juice 

Method :
  1. Cut the pineapple into cubes,discarding the fibrous stem in the middle.
  2. Put all the pieces in food processor and pulse until very fine and mushy.
  3. Mix all the pineapple mush, brown sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
  4. Bring to boil at low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. 
  5. Simmer until thickened and a bit brown colour over medium heat. 
  6. Remove from heat. Carefully ladle into sterilized jars and seal with lid.
  7. Invert the jar so it stands up by itself on the lid.
  8. Leave it cool completely and flip the jar back over. Done.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I was thinking about making pineapple jam too.....well thinking of making pineapple tart for CNY. Hmmmm ....alot of work for it. Your jam looks very tempting on toast and even on wafer and crackers. Yum......I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, It remind me of the pineapple tart too. Very soon we will celebrate CNY in one month time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of your hubby to help you. I love pineapples but dread the skinning too. Such a bargain! Woudl love to try making pineapple jam soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope someone will invent a pineapple skinning machine :)

      Delete
  4. What a great dealt ! So you make some for CNY pineapple tarts too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I hope to grab more before the promotion last :)

      Delete
  5. Hi... why need to Invert the jar??
    i just did it...thanks the recipe

    ReplyDelete