Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pandan "Xiang Si" Cake (班兰相思蛋糕)


蛮开心的!第一次做相思蛋糕成绩还算满意。不像做戚风蛋糕那样被欺负了好几次才成功。她这样温柔对代我,日后肯定会“想死“ (相思)她的。也许是有了戚风的经验,所以做相思也比较顺利。话虽如此,火候方面还不是控制的很好,面蛋糕表面有少许黑。还有很大的进步空间。 所以这次的相思蛋糕还没能抬头和大家见面。单看照片还有点相思?戚风?傻傻分不清楚,哈哈!
无论如何要谢谢Joceline提供我用Casey 的6吋模型食谱。同时我也参考Cass的班兰相思食谱。

My first trial on the "Xiang Si"cake. This cake is similar to chiffon cake except it has more moist and soft texture. Overall the result is acceptable but still cannot control the oven temperature very well. The top surface turned out a little dark. I have a terrible oven whereby I need to monitor the temperature and time very closely in every baking. Oh!!! It's really tiring me,Wooooooo....
Anyway, I will fully utilize it before I get a new and better one. Hopefully it can "cooperate" with me for the time being :)




Pandan "Xiang Si" Cake (班兰相思蛋糕)
(Recipe : adapted from Casey aka Ern's Space with minor charges)

Ingredients A:
33g corn oil
40g homemade pandan paste
1/8 tsp salt
2 grade A egg yolk + 1 small egg yolk
1 small egg
33g superfine flour

Ingredients B:
2 grade A egg white + 1 small egg white
32g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Method A:
1. Hand whisk Corn oil, pandan paste, egg yolk and egg in a bowl.
2. Add in superfine flour, mix well, set aside.

Method B:
1. Combine egg white and Cream of tartar, beat in medium speed, slowly add in sugar, beat till soft peak form.
2. Mix A & B, pour the mixture into 6" loose base square baking pan. Steam bake for 165c 30 minutes and 160c for 30 minutes.

3. Inverted the cake pan, till it is cool completely.

Try Me!!!

18 comments:

  1. Esther, the texture is beautiful! Looks soft and spongy with very fine holes. I must try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, please try it and you'II love it :)
      Share with me the result later ya !

      Delete
  2. Hi Esther, have tried several flavours but not pandan. Will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kimmy, thank you for stopping by. I like the aroma of pandan and used a lot in my baking.
    Oh ya, I like your blog for CNY Kuih Bangkit, hope I have time to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was your first trial and it turn out beautifully baked. I wanted to give this a miss thinking it is not easy to bake. Well hopefully one day but right now its CNY cookies first. Have yet to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I also wanted to start my CNY cookies soon but i so confused which cookies should I start first???^_^

      Delete
    2. Hi Esther, me too....I couldnt decide which cookies to bake first. Oh, just a suggestion...would you like to try baking the almond cookies which I posted in my blog ladt year. I love that very much n thought to recommend you. Happy baking.

      Delete
    3. Mel, thank you for recommending me the almond cookies. Looks great with simple ingredients. I will bookmark it :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't dare to try this xiang si cake because my chiffon cake is like 1 day good, 1 day bad, haha! I was thinking b4 whether should bake a green tea chiffon for my cake but I remember my girlfriend said once don't bake your own birthday cake so I changed to the cookies instead. Wishing you all the best of health, be happy always and money and bonus come come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, my baking skill also "Gila Gila" one and some more the "Gila Gila" oven make me crazy too ;)
      Have to keep my fingers crossed in every baking moments,hahaha....
      Thank you for your warm blessing. Have a wonderful and double happiness throughout the year, cheers!!!!

      Delete
  6. Pandan chiffon is the best flavour :) esther, time to ask for a cny present of a new oven heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea!!!! Otherwise stop production for CNY cookies, hahaha....

      Delete
  7. 作的真漂亮,组织很细腻呢 :)
    改天我也来试试看这6寸的食谱!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢Cass. 这个6吋的相思小小一个很可爱。重点是很快可以吃完,这样我又可以尝试别的食谱了! ^_^

      Delete
  8. Beautiful green, fine texture, your cake look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia. It still have room for improvement :)

      Delete
  9. Esther,
    Your Siang Xi look so fine and pretty in green.
    I have not try this before. Hope to try this after CNY.
    Now got to bake CNY cookies first:p
    Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mui Mui, looking forward to your Xiang Si cake post ^_^
      Do have a joyful weekend too !

      Delete