These butter cookies are very famous and good recommended by bloggers for this coming Chinese New Year. "Must have" in your CNY cookies list. I crave for these cookies for so long. Finally I baked them and my family love them very much too.
Besides, there are lots of first time in this post such as :
1) First time I have my homemade CNY cookies,
2) First time I use the piping nozzle,
3) First time I participate in this kind of event (Event organiser Sonia also first time host this event),
4) First time baking contest entry.
Hopefully, this is going to be a good start...
Before bake is pretty than after :)
Little gift to my lovely friends
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
Daisy Butter Cookies (雏菊牛油饼）
(Recipe & inspired by : 蓝色小厨)
25g Icing sugar
75g High protein flour
25g Rice flour
- Pre-heat oven to 160c.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar with an electrical mixer until light and pale.
- Sift the high protein flour and rice flour into the butter mixture, stir to combine (Don't over mix)
- Spoon the soft dough into the piping bag fitted with daisy nozzle.
- Pipe onto prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack and keep in the airtight container.