Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

春天到了,梅花开啰!!!Blossom Flower Cookies

最后我还是没办法抵挡Jane 家的粉红诱惑,又再度开炉做饼干。还有德国酥饼,我也蛮想做的。嗨呀!真是没完没了。。。

当我看到这粉红梅花一朵朵绽放时,心情也随着愉悦了起来!

Oh dear, seem like I could not resist the temptation of Pink Blossom after visiting Jane's Corner. Once again, I was brought back to my favourite kitchen to bake my CNY cookies. Almond cookies is suppose to be my last assignment before CNY but I have the gut feeling that it won't be the last cause along the road, German cookies is already next in my mind.


春天到了,梅花开啰!!!
Here comes my spring Blossoms!!!




用回上次原味的食谱,再加上少许玫瑰色素增添色彩。
I used back the original flavour recipe and added 1/2 drop Rose pink colouring.

Blossom Cookies
(Recipe & inspired by : Jane's Corner & 蓝色小厨)

Ingredients:

100g Butter
25g Icing sugar
75g High protein flour
25g Rice flour
1/2 drop Rose pink colouring

Dried cherry to garnising

Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 160c.
  2. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
  3. Cream the butter and icing sugar with an electrical mixer until light and pale.
  4. Sift the high protein flour and rice flour into the butter mixture, stir to combine (Don't over mix)
  5. Take 1/3 of dough and mix with pink food colouring.
  6. Put some plain dough and some coloured dough into the cookie mould.
  7. Pipe onto prepared baking tray.
  8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.
  9. Let them cool completely on a wire rack and keep in the airtight container.
This is a cheap tip but easy to use.

I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

33 comments:

  1. Hello Esther
    I thought you have stopped baking for the CNY cookies already and here another sweet looking cookies from your kitchen! I saw this at Jane's too and this combination of colours make it looking so dainty, isn't it? Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh!!! Mel, I can't stop! Please help me to pull up the handbrake,hehe...

      Delete
  2. 你的梅花COOKIES实在是美到没有话说。。。。。。。。美美美!!!
    我想应该不会受到你的刺激再次开工吧!!
    不过,一想到冰箱里还有两块牛油。。。。就手痒痒了,,,哈哈哈!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈!我也是受不了网络的诱惑!!!惨了,停不不下来呀。。。。

      Delete
  3. I also tempted to this cookies too, hehehe..but I still have few cookies to make, I hope I can tahan ..hahaha..
    Ya, just knew from you that checkerboard cookies is an old fashioned CNY cookies, too bad you have no chance to share your Ah Mah recipe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, last time they are very famous during cny at my hometown Sarawak . I miss them and my Ah mah so much :)

      Delete
  4. Esther, another successful and beautiful bake! Just like you, I am itching to bake more cookies! It is addictive, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look absolutely beautiful! i have been bookmarking almost every cookie recipe that you have! can you tell me which are the ones you think are die die must bake? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine, Welcome to my blog and thanks for bookmarked the recipes. Omg!!! Difficult to tell because I love all of the them :)
      Anyway,If you looking for something easy with simple ingredients,then blossom/daisy cookies or almond cookies is the best choice :)
      Happy baking!!!

      Delete
    2. thanks for the fast reply! will try out the blossom cookies then :) what if i dont need the cookies to be simple? do you have other recommendations?

      Delete
    3. You may try the pineapple tarts too :) Highly recommended by many bloggers.

      Delete
  6. Wow! These cookies are so LOVELY! Beautifully made & the colors are so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit, thanks for stopping by and appreciate your lovely compliments.You have a wonderful blog!!! I'm your new follower...

      Delete
  7. Hi Esther,

    You piped these cookies so well and they look so pretty :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pinky cookies give me lots of CNY feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I like the pinky too :)

      Delete
  9. Hi, first time here. Blog hopping from phong hong blog. Such a sweet looking cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. this pinky cookies look like fatt-kueh, very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Really?! From cookies upgraded to fatt kueh,hehe...

      Delete
  11. Hi Esther, your pinky cookies look very pretty! I've also bookmarked this recipe from Jane but don't think have enough time to bake anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too many good recipes , yet too little time available ...

      Delete
  12. Esther~~
    你好!!呵呵呵。。应该第一次来你这儿留言。。。
    很美的粉红浪漫~~~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗨!莎莎,欢迎光临。这粉红好会诱惑人, 小心哦!^_^

      Delete
  13. Yes, these cookies are so popular & pretty which I have been seeing a lot lately! Yours are very pretty indeed! Have you finished shopping for CNY? 新年快樂!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess,新年快乐,万事如意,永远青春美丽! My CNY shopping still in progress....Will make sure everything done by next wednesday. How about you ? :)

      Delete
  14. Esther,
    You are a Sarawakian?
    Yeah! Give me five , come come visit me if you are in Miri..:)

    I am tempted to make these lovely butter cookies too.
    Hope I have time to make this! Yours were so lovely!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I wish I could visit you but my hometown is in Kuching, too bad this year I celebrate CNY in KL :) Hopefully next time we can meet up when i go back to sarawak. Honest speaking i never been to Miri before :)

      Delete
  15. Hello Esther, what tip did you used to pipe these beautiful cookies? Thank you, Quyen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quyen, thank you for your comment. Actually i used a very cheap plastic tip for these cookies, but it is very easy and good to handle. You can get it from any supermarket. Will post the picture later. check it out!

      Delete
  16. Esther, thank you for the picture. I lived in the US and have not seen this before. Wish I could visit Malaysia to buy these gadgets. Have a great day and thank you for your prompt response:-)

    ReplyDelete