I received a lovely orchard from my ex-colleague few days ago. Appreciate her kindness, so I baked Madeleines for her in returns.
Pack in gift form.
(Recipe source : 君之(http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a5089ff0100elmn.html)
Makes about : 15 pcs
100g cake flour/low protein flour
1 tsp lemon zest
3g baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Lemon zest mix with the sugar and leave it for 1 hour (for more lemon aromas).
- Melt butter in a pot over low heat, set aside.
- Sift in cake flour and baking powder, stir well.
- Place eggs, sugar,lemon zest in a bowl and hand whisk until well combined. (Don't overbeat the eggs)
- Add in the vanilla essence.
- Pour in sifted flour, mix well.
- Add in melted butter, stir till smooth.
- Leave batter in the fridge and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Lightly brush butter inside madeleine mould, dust the mould with the flour and tap out the excess.
- Fill batter 90% full in a madeleine mould.
- Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 16 mins or till golden brown.