Monday, December 17, 2012

Madeleines (玛德琳)


Madeleine is a traditional small cake from France. Shell-sharped, fantastic butter and citrus flavour was a specialty of Madeleine.

I received a lovely orchard from my ex-colleague few days ago. Appreciate her kindness, so I baked Madeleines for her in returns.


Pack in gift form.




Happy Baking!!!

Madeleines (original flavour)
(Recipe source : 君之(http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a5089ff0100elmn.html)
Makes about : 15 pcs

Ingredients
100g cake flour/low protein flour
100g sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
2 eggs
100g butter
3g baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method
  1. Lemon zest mix with the sugar and leave it for 1 hour (for more lemon aromas).
  2. Melt butter in a pot over low heat, set aside.
  3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder, stir well.
  4. Place eggs, sugar,lemon zest in a bowl and hand whisk until well combined. (Don't overbeat the eggs)
  5. Add in the vanilla essence.
  6. Pour in sifted flour, mix well.
  7. Add in melted butter, stir till smooth. 
  8. Leave batter in the fridge and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
  9. Lightly brush butter inside madeleine mould, dust the mould with the flour and tap out the excess.
  10. Fill batter 90% full in a madeleine mould.
  11. Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 16 mins or till golden brown.

6 comments:

  1. I have not bake any madeleine before and really love admiring your perfectly baked madeleine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zoe. Actually is this my first time to bake madeleines ^_^
    simple to bake yet so delicious , worth to give it a try !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther,
    Good day to you! Thank you for leaving a comment to my blog and here I am visiting to your blog in return! My oh my, you have a beautiful blog too...I loves madeleines and your turn out beautiful too. Give me some time to go thru all your food post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my blog Mel. I still new here, hope to learn More from you guys...cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther,
    These are so pretty.
    I have not baked these before.
    Oh! You packed it so nicely. It that for me? LOL
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mui, you can help yourself . By the way, pandan flavour Madeleine will be coming soon^_^

      Delete