Saturday, December 8, 2012

Japanese Gyoza (饺子)




我是高木直子(曰本人气绘本天后或插画家)超级粉丝, 因为受到她的影响也很爱吃餃子。
高小姐一下子可以吃很多个饺子哦!以下是我的收藏品。



Japanese Gyoza
(recipe source : from Nasi lemak Lover)

Filling ingredients
350g minced pork (prefer with some fat)
100g cabbage, chopped finely
1 stalk spring onion, chopped finely
1tsp grated ginger
1/2tbsp Japanese light soy sauce
1/2tsp Mirin
1/2tsp sake
3/4tsp salt or to taste
Pepper
200g Gyoza wrappers

For each frying
1tbsp oil
1/4cup water

Dipping sauce
1tbsp rice vinegar
1tbsp soy sauce
1/8tsp La-Yu (Japanese chili oil ) – I use homemade chili oil, just deep fry dried chili with cooking oil, take chili oil and discard the fried chili.
Ginger, julienned

Method
1. Mix filling ingredients in a mixing bowl, use a pair of chopsticks or use hand to mix
 till sticky.
2. Wrap filling with gyoza wrappers, refer how to wrap dumpling or gyoza steps.
3. In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When the pan is hot, place Gyoza in a row (touching each other) at the center and place the rest of gyoza to fill up the entire pan.




10 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,
    Your gyoza looks great.
    I bet it is yummilious!
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mui. I m quite satisfy with the result even though this is my first time to do gyoza ^_^
      Anyway I m a new baker and still have lot of room of improvement :)
      Mui, 请多多指教 ya ...

      Delete
    2. Esther,
      We learn n share together ya!
      Regards. :D

      Delete
  2. 这个饺子看了觉得很好吃也~ 第一次拜访你家,就请我吃几个吧!
    我也把你link到我家去了。哈哈哈~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈啰 Joceline, 欢迎光临!!! 不好意思, 暫时我家也没什么好料请你吃。你就先请多吃几个餃子吧^_^
      我会努力加菜给大家吃!好高兴被link 到你家去了,让我在blog 里没那么lonely ...哈哈!

      Delete
  3. You did very well! I can just have them as my main course ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivian, thank you for good comment and welcome to my blog. Remember that I asked you about the chiffon cake last time, finally I did it successfully but I forgot to take a picture cuz can't wait to taste the texture...haha...next time sure will take picture and share with you :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Esther, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Oh, I love gyoza too, nowadays i tried to make a lot and keep it in the freezer, whenever i crave for gyoza, just take out and dry it. Thanks for your shout out by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonia, I like to visit your blog and I learned a lot from your blog as well :) Appreciate your kind sharing. By the way,I have problem to fry the freeze gyoza,it tends to break and crack easily.could you please advise me on this? Thanks in advance.

      Delete
  5. I also like that series of books

    ReplyDelete