Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chocolate Chiffon (巧克力戚风)

 

This is my third time baking chiffon cake. First and second time resulted : short and wet in the middle of the chiffon. After all, I still tell myself not to give up. I searched around for the correct method from many blogs. Thank you to all bloggers for their useful tips and special thanks to Vivian Pang for your kind advise. My failure is probably due to high temperature of my oven and under beat the eggs white.



Finally, I baked a tall and well cooked chiffon today. I considered this is a successful chiffon texture. What do you think?


 
These pink roses are sweet surprise from my hubby during Christmas Eve (although I prefer the white roses but all sold out in that florist shop on that day). 




This recipe is inspired by Joceline (Butter.Flour & Me) and recipe source from Carol Jay.

Chocolate Chiffon 
8" chiffon pan

Ingredients
5 eggs yolk
20g sugar
30g canola oil
50g milk
70g cake flour
20g unsweetened cocoa powder

5 eggs white
1/2 tsp lemon juices or cream of tartar
60g sugar

Normal chiffon method and bake for 170c about 35-40 minutes.


HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL !!!


12 comments:

  1. Chiffon cake is my all time favourite regardless any flavour of it. Whenever I bakr chiffon cake, I usually bake the big recipe...because recipe ingredients simply not enough. Your chocolate chiffon look really perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Mel. The light and fluffy texture just easy to melt in mouth and always will feel not enough. The best part of chiffon is the vegetable oil content that i feel less guilty by eating them, hehe...Appreciate for your compliment, thanksss.

      Delete
  2. 我喜爱的chocolate chiffon。 Very Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢Joceline !这个chiffon 请你吃,你有一半的功劳哦!

      Delete
  3. Esther,
    Yeah.. Yeah... Yeah for you
    That is a tall and successful chiffon.
    Oh! Your hubby is so sweet to buy you roses:)
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you n yours:)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui, hurray , hurray, hurray ! I also happy with this result :)
      Oh no, receiving flower is only once in a blue moon ^_^
      Blessed christmas and Joyous new year to you and your family!

      Delete
  4. 高高的蛋糕,美美的组织,很pandai叻!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 欢迎光临Eileen !!!谢谢赞美!我会再接再励,先请你吃 巧克力口味的^_^

      Delete
  5. 我很久没有做7风了,因为中了相思的毒,哈哈哈!
    你的7风作的真棒,又美又高 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cass, 欢迎光临!我的下一个目标就相思蛋糕了。。。到时要向你多多学习了!

      Delete
  6. Your chiffon look tall and nice, well done. Happy New Year 2013 to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia. Happy new year and have a great year ahead !!!

      Delete