Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cheesy Vegetable Pancake (乳酪蔬菜煎饼)


Breakfast is a very important meal to me. Therefore I never skip my breakfast. I prefer homemade breakfast rather than outside restaurants. Sometimes my breakfast can simple as just a toast with a cup of coffee or an half-boiled egg with a bit of pepper. If I have more time I would like to prepare a proper and healthy breakfast. Today, I would like to share a healthy and simple recipe with you all (inspired by Carol 自在生活 ). Hope everyone have a good habit by start your day with Brekki !!!

Cheesy Vegetable Pancake Recipe
(recipe source : from Carol in chinese)

30cm  non stick pan
yield 2 pieces

Dough ingredient :
Plain flour 120g
Wholemeal flour 30g
Eggs 2 
Milk 150g
Salt 1/4 tsp
Pinch of pepper

Vegetable portion :
Potatoes, carrot, cabbages, spring onion, dry shrimp, cheddar cheeses
(All vegetables cut into small pieces)

Preparation :
  1. Combine the plain flour and the wholemeal flour into a bowl.
  2. Add in eggs and milk, whisk until smooth and no lumps.
  3. Add in salt and pepper, cover it with the wrap plastic and put into fridge for 20 minutes. (or you may prepared it a night before)
  4. Mix the dough with the all vegetable, dry shrimp and cheese.
  5. Heat up the non stick pan. Add in oil and fry the pancake with low heat until golden brown.

6 comments:

  1. oh, this look like Japanese okonomiyaki, but this pancake has more vegetables, sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..quite simllar but okonomiyaki recipe is more complicated for me :)


      Delete
  2. Esther,
    This is a hearty kind of breakfast.
    Simple yet filling and health!
    My baobei sure love this..:D
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mui Mui and this is good for your loved one ^_^

      Delete
  3. Hi Esther, first time I see breakfast like this! Looks really fantastic....a real skyscraper breakfast too!
    Yes, never skip breakfast as the tummy needs energy to start the day, especially for kids too.
    You have a nice weekend, Esther, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle Lee, welcome to my blog and thank you for loving this Asian style breakfast. Enjoy your weekend too :)

      Delete