做第一批广州月饼时, 不知道回油的原理, 拼命调高温度加长时间烘烤，想烘出理想的颜色。
Cantonese-Style Mooncake 广式豆沙月饼
(Recipe adapted from Butter. Flour & Me)
(Makes : 22 mooncakes)
Ingredients150g golden syrup (转化糖浆）
60g peanut oil/corn oil
5g alkali water
250g superfine flour, sifted
700g red bean paste/ lotus paste (shape into round ball, 30g each)
1 egg yolk + few drops water /milk
- Mix golden syrup, peanut oil, alkali water with a whisk.
- Add in sifted flour, mix with a spatula until well combined. (don't over mix)
- Cover and let it rest for 1 hour or until not sticky.
- Divide dough portion into 20g each, roll into ball and lightly flatten.
- Place a ball of redbean paste in the middle, wrap up and round a ball.
- Place the ball of dough into mooncake mould, flatten gently.
- Remove and place on baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 190c and bake at 5 min at middle rack.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool (about 10-15 mins). Apply egg wash evenly.
- Continue to bake for 15 min or until golden brown.
- Leave the mooncake for 2-3 day before consumption. (This process is called oil return (回油) which enable the mooncake surface become soften, shinny and glossy).
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone August 2014 Event Theme: Mooncake hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.