Ong ah! Ong ah! Ong ah!
Pineapple tarts ~ a must have for Chinese New Year!
I made two different shaped tarts with this recipe. My family thoroughly enjoyed these pineapple tart very much. Many thanks to Ann!!!
Pineapple Tart 黄梨挞
250g cold butter
75g custard powder
140g icing sugar
440g plain flour
1 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp egg yellow colour
1 kg pineapple jam (roll jams into small balls)
- In a mixing bowl put cold butter (cut cubes), honey, vanilla extract, egg yellow colouring, egg and icing sugar together and mix roughly till mixtures crumbly (30 seconds). Then add in the plain flour and custard powder and mix the mixtures for another 30 seconds.
- Place mixtures on to dusted flour table and knead to a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into small portions and wrap with pineapple jam.
4. Roll the tart into an oval shape and use a small scissors to snip the surface to form
5. Roll out green dough, use a daisy flower cutter to cut the leaves. Place a leaf at the
6. Bake at 180C for about 12 mins.
For Round shaped tart
4. Use cookie cutters to print shape on top.
5. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
My note :
Pineapple shaped tart ~ dough 9g each : pineapple jam 8g each)
Round shaped tart ~ dough 10g each : pineapple jam 1og each)
I'm submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 Event Theme: My Homemade Cookies organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Victoria Bakes
Link to "My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House