The cookbook I use today is all about “Breads”. Carrot Yogurt Bun is the first recipe I choose from this cookbook. Oh my, it's a fabulous recipe! This bun is light, fluffy and moist. The carrot and yogurt bring out the aroma and extra flavor to this buns, so good to eat even just by its own. I am not hesitate to recommend this luscious recipe to anyone who wish to try it. Meanwhile i am so eager to try other recipe from this cookbook as well :) So please follow me in my next journey to happy baking.
Fresh grated carrot
My dough is slightly stickyCarrot Yogurt Buns (红萝卜优格小餐包)
(Recipe source : adapted from Cookbook~简单揉就好吃的家庭烘焙坊 with minor changes)
Baking pan : 18cm x 18cm x 5 cm)
Makes : 9 buns
250g High protein flour
3g Instant Yeast
15g Brown Sugar or 三温糖
90g original flavour yogurt
20g Unsalted butter
100g Carrots, grated (120g)
- Mix high protein flour, instant yeast, brown sugar & salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add in grated carrots, honey, yogurt, butter and knead well to form a smooth and elastic dough. (I used stand mixer to knead).
- Cover with plastic wrap or cloth, leave to prove for 1 hour or until double size.
- Punch down the dough to expel air. Divide into 9 equal portions and cover with wet cloth and rest for 20 minutes. Shape into round ball (about 52g each) (Lightly dust your hands with flour to keep the dough from sticking too much).
- Place the dough with point down, on greased baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap or cloth and leave to proof for 45 mins (or double size).
- Spray the buns with some water and sprinkle chopped almond.
- Preheat oven at 180c and bake for 23 mins.
Have a joyful day!!!
I am sharing this post with Cook-Your-Books #7 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.