Toasted bun with butter and sugar is one of my childhood favourite treat.
This mini version make them look so cute and inviting :)Raisin Buns with Butter and Sugar 粗糖牛油葡萄干小面包
* Make 6 buns using slim and long loaf pan 2"x2"x9"
(I make 5 buns@loaf pan and extra 1 bun)
200g high protein flour or bread flour
15g condensed milk
20g caster sugar
1/8tsp fine salt
1/2tsp +1/4tsp instant yeast
20g unsalted butter, room temp.
10g cold unsalted butter, divide six pieces
Coarse white sugar, for sprinkle
Egg wash-1 egg yolk +1tsp milk
- Add all bread ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix and knead until smooth dough.
- Add in butter, continue to knead till smooth and elastic dough, keep aside to rise till double in size.
- Lightly knead the dough then add in raisins and combine it well. Divide dough into 6 portions, shape into round ball, then place in the loaf pan. Set aside to proof for 45mins.
- Use a sharp knife, slice the centre of the buns, place cold butter at the cut area. Egg wash the buns then sprinkle some coarse sugar on top. (I put a tray under the loaf pan to avoid the butter melting into oven)
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 25mins at middle rack ( last 5 mins changed to fan forced).
- Immediately remove buns from the loaf pan after removed from oven, cool on a wire rack.